Monday, April 30, 2012

To my TWO year old . . .

Oh Emmalee, you are such a ray of sunshine. So happy and bubbly and energetic. Everyone comments on what a happy kid you are. You are my mini me, an exact copy down to the shape of your teeth. You are Mommy's little buddy (especially with Annagrace being gone to school) but you are starting to move into the "Daddy's girl" stage. There are times, when you are upset and Daddy is the ONLY one who can console you and make you happy. AND I love that!! I love that you have an amazing Daddy and that you love him so much.
You are such a cuddle bug still, I'm so thrilled that you haven't outgrown this. You are just as happy to cuddle in bed with a movie, on my sick days, as you are to play outside. You are always quick to say "I love you Mommy" and always respond to an "I love you" with an "I love you too."
You are talking up a storm and learn a ton from your sister. You always want to be treated as an equal to her and not a two year old. This makes you a little bit of a dare devil! But, you are one tough little booger. Falls, bumps and bruises don't faze you. If you fall down, you immediately get right back up and assure me, "I okay Mommy!"
You follow directions very well and love to help with any jobs, big or small. You sweep, dust, rotate laundry, and even sing as you pick up toys. I'm so excited to see you as a big sister, how loving and helpful you are going to be with Katelynn.
You let me know when you need a diaper which means we need to work on potty training!! But, I've been a little too lazy about it so far. We really need to work on that before Katelynn gets here!!
You are so curious and stubborn. You don't care about the consequences, you have to know what all is in that desk drawer. But, punishment, even a mild scolding hurts your feelings so bad that I hate to fuss at you. You can't stand when Annagrace is in timeout, you feel like you have to go keep her company and entertain her, even when she's in timeout for hurting you. You get your share of hits and kicks in too! Annagrace has to be on her toes with you but she only has herself to blame :) you learned it all from her!
I worry constantly about you being a second child (and a future middle child). I never want you to feel like you get less attention, less hugs or kisses, less of my time and energy. I have been sick during most of your two years, between Migraines and another pregnancy, I worry I haven't  been the same Mommy for you that I was for Annagrace. I try to make sure that Grandmother or Daddy entertains you during my sick days, to make up for my shortcomings. I just don't want you to ever feel deprived. You love your Grandmother and Granddaddy and I think you would choose them over me ANY day. I don't blame you, they are very fun Grandparents who entertain you constantly. They keep you outside in the garden and the swing, which you absolutely LOVE!
You love Mickey and Minnie, Caillou, and most recently Doc McStuffins. The way you say Doc McStuffins is so adorable that it makes me smile every time you say it. Movies don't usually keep your attention for the full time, especially when your sister chooses a Barbie movie. Our trip to Disney World was amazing. Your excitement when meeting Mickey and Minnie was one of the greatest moments of my life. You just hugged them over and over and over again, not scared one bit! I'll never forget how happy they made you.
You still love your Passy and Blankie and they are a requirement at nap and bed time and when you just feel like curling up. You are in love with the same blankies as Annagrace so they are getting worn out but neither one of you care at all.
You LOVE to sing!!! And you know the words to I am a Child of God, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Porpcorn Tree, and you're almost there with the alphabet song.
You are such an amazing little girl and I love you so much. I love watching you learn and grow more and more everyday.

No comments: