Monday, April 16, 2012

To my 5 year old . . .

I know everyone says this every birthday, but . . . I honestly can't believe that you are FIVE YEARS OLD!! We waited so long for you and now it seems like my time with you is flying by. 
You are SO amazing! 
SMART - your vocabulary amazes me everyday. Your latest word is "suppose," you always use it correctly and it makes me laugh every time. Anything you see or hear is permanently in your brain. (You got this from your Daddy. You are so much like him that it scares me sometimes!) You can count to 100 and beyond and are happy to do it at ANY time. You have known the alphabet for a long time but now you know their sounds and how to write them, upper and lower case. You have learned so much in Pre-K with your amazing teachers: Mrs. Cooper and Mrs. East. You have gone from writing ANNA to Annagrace and even learning to write sentences!! You have truly loved going to school everyday. 
FUNNY - you try to make up your own little jokes. They usually don't make sense, but you think they are hilarious! If you see someone else do anything that makes me laugh, you have to copy it immediately to get a laugh as well. You say the funniest things that crack me up on a daily basis. Sometimes you don't mean them to be funny and you get embarrassed when I laugh (this is part of your sensitivity, I'll get to that in a minute). You love to entertain your little sister and she is a captive audience. 
SENSITIVE - I was so scared at the start of the school year that someone would hurt your feelings. But, you have handled school like a champ. You have been told "I don't want to be your friend" and have been able to handle it. You have dealt with kids not playing with you or not sharing with you. It's a hard reality, but you have learned how to handle it. You are so sensitive at home and I have to be careful and cautious of this. If any compliment is given to Emmalee and not to you, it hurts your feelings. You notice EVERYTHING and make sure that everything is always equal. You were an only child for 3 years and got all of the attention so these last two years, having a younger sister, has been an adjustment for you. But, this sensitivity is also what melts my heart because it means that you still love to cuddle with me. It's what makes you so sweet to Emmalee and your friends. It's what still makes you my "little girl."
FRIENDLY - you are so good at including everyone. Anyone you meet is an instant friend. You have formed friendships with girls in your class: Miller, Emily, and Zoey. They are your little group, yet everyday when I ask who you played with outside, it's always someone different. You are able to get along with anyone and play with them. You are an amazing big sister and such a good helper. 
ARTISIC - you are an amazing artist and love to draw and paint! You love drawing people, rainbows, and butterflies.
Your loves:
Purple
Barbie movies
Barbie dolls and your doll house
Stuffed animals
Reading
Chocolate
Gardening with Grandmother
Dressing up and playing any type of imaginative play 
Saying your prayers and blessing the food
School
You are such an amazing little girl. I pray daily for help to be the Mommy that you need and deserve. I pray for the patience to handle you correctly and teach you everything that you need to know. I love you more than I can ever express in words and actions. 
You are my wish come true. 
Happy Birthday BABY!!

No comments: