Monday, January 18, 2010

Emmalee talks

Number 1:
Emmalee is a little gymnast/kick boxer in my belly. I told Annagrace to come feel of my stomach. She put her hand on and said "I hear Emmalee!"
Me: You hear her? What is she saying?
A: Emmalee said Annagrace needs a Peanut Butter sandwich.
She had asked a few times for a peanut butter sandwich and we told her no, it was too late, it's bed time. We couldn't stop laughing at her creative way to get her way. And of course we had to give in. She's tried the same line every night since.

Number 2:
Today I explained to Annagrace how Emmalee will be born by C-section. I explained how the doctor will cut my belly and just pull her out. At first she shocked me and completely understood the whole process. But, then it sank in and the little sweetie said "But, I don't want the doctor to cut you!" We reassured her that it wouldn't hurt and she was still a little worried. So, we asked her if she wanted to see the video of when she was born. She got really excited so Tyler went to find it. I never thought I would be showing my 2 1/2 year old her birth video but she loved it. She cheered when we saw her for the first time. But, then we took a turn for the worse. As all babies do when they are first introduced into this world, she was crying a lot in the video while they were cutting the cord, cleaning her, doing foot prints, etc. Annagrace started tearing up and asked "what's wrong with me, why am I crying?" We tried to explain that all babies cry and that she was all better when they wrapped her up and handed her to Mommy, but she was really upset that she was so upset as a baby.
Boy, is she going to be in for a rude awakening when Emmalee gets here. She is either going to be the most attentive big sister or the most compassionate and be crying right along with her.

No comments: