Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Tour

I thought I would take you on a little tour of our house all decorated for Christmas.
 The master bedroom - kept it simple with a Santa and some garland.
 The girl's bedroom (the tree still needs a skirt)
 I love these little trees. I found them at a thrift store a long time ago and they look perfect in their room.
 The toy room.
 Dinning Room
 centerpiece
 I love the simplicity and elegance of these dishes! 
I'm slowly collecting all of the dishes and serving pieces of this collection.
 breakfast nook
 The fun family tree - where we hang all of the handmade, colorful, yearly Hallmark, and anything else. It's my "no theme" themed tree. I take Annagrace to Hallmark every year and let her pick out an ornament. So far she has a Minnie Mouse, Bolt, and Cinderella joined us this year. Underneath - are the Christmas books and the girls felt nativity set. It's also where we put all of the gifts sent or given to us. I'm really crazy and picky and will only allow matching presents under the big tree. So anything that is different goes under this one.
I KNOW!!! I'm crazy!!!!
My big tree - silver, gold, white, and crystal. This is where we hang our annual Swarovski crystal ornaments:
 my antique ornaments (They belonged to my Dad's mom. I rescued them from my Mom's house where they were being put into one big box with everything and they kept getting broken. I wrap them individually in tissue paper and pack them in their own slot in an ornament box every year. I don't want ANY of them to break!):
  and our baby's first Christmas ornaments. It has an overall snowflake theme. Actually, the whole house has a snowflake theme. 
This year, the wrapping paper consists of two different rolls. One silver with fun print birds and the second is a coordinating green and white.
the "fireplace"
We've never had a fireplace in any of our homes in GA. So, Tyler built this mantle for me a few years ago so we would have a place to hang our stockings. I love it! It moves around the house and usually lives in our bedroom and then makes it's way to the living room for the holidays.
 nativity
This was the first "nice" Christmas decoration that I invested in. I bought it our first Christmas and look forward to pulling it out every year.
hall bath 
(no room is left undecorated!)
Well, there you have it. Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. I look forward to the decorating, the traditions, and family fun every year.

No comments: