Wednesday, April 7, 2010

9 YEARS!!

I have been married to the love of my life for 9 years!! The years have gone by so fast and I know it's only going to go faster. The fact that we even met is unbelievable but I can't imagine my life without him. Do you know how we met?
THE INTERNET!!
Crazy huh? And to top it off, it was back in '99, the good old AOL days, the scary days. No dating sites, no match makers, just a good old profile search and Tyler found me! A couple short weeks later, he flew down to Atlanta to meet me. My over-protective mother wouldn't allow him to come to our house. So, we spent the day in Atlanta and he flew back out the same day! Luckily he worked for Continental and got cheap tickets. We had a fabulous day that ended with a goodbye kiss in the airport!!! How romantic!
Well, I won't go into all of the details that followed in the nine months that we dated. Like the night we sat on the sidewalk outside my BYU apartment and I told him that he wasn't the one. But I still wanted to be friends. Or the fact that he KNEW I was the one and hung around anyway. Or the first time I met his parents, I was worried the whole weekend that he was going to propose. But, on that weekend . . . that long ride from Downey to Provo . . . I knew it, I knew I would say YES if he had asked.
He did propose. But, later, much later in May of 2000 and we were married April 7, 2001.
Thank you Tyler for KNOWING and sticking around until I KNEW it too. I love you and am so thankful for our life, our family together.

No comments: