Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Building a house



One of our Pre-Christmas activities was a gingerbread house. I've NEVER done a gingerbread house before and true-to-form I was trying my hardest to make it perfect - just like the picture on the box! After telling Annagrace "No sweetie, the red ones go here and the green ones go here." I started getting frustrated with the imperfections and looked at Tyler. He smiled and said "Why are you stressing about this? It's all for her, let her do it how she wants." He was completely right. It was ALL for her, her house, her design, her memories. I handed off the royal icing duty to Tyler, placed all of the candies infront of Annagrace, and just enjoyed the moment: laughing at the drooping icing, the crooked roof, the gum drops that wouldn't stay put, and a little girl who couldn't stop licking her fingers.

1 comment:

warthog said...

Like you I too get upset and fustrated over making those stupid ginger bread houses because it doesnt come out looking like the box or nicer...so I stopped making them.!
Adam used to tell me the same thing, why get so upset over something so trivial...oh well! Merry Christmas!