Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

We spent Christmas Eve at my parents house, the tradition. We have a family lunch followed by Beggars Bingo then an open house. Annagrace had fun playing with her cousins and showing off her dance moves for anyone who would stop and watch. She couldn't wait for present time. She has known for weeks now that the big green present, under the tree, was hers.But, for me, the best moment of the night was driving home. We played our favorite peppy Christmas song (BNL Jingle Bells) to keep Annagrace awake. We were ALL dancing, smiling, and singing along. The smile on Annagrace's face was priceless and I just had to stop for a second, take a deep breath, and savor the moment. It was followed by several sweet family moments, around the Christmas tree, that I will treasure for the rest of my life. I was perfectly, supremely happy. It was my best Christmas ever. Christmas morning I didn't even touch my camera, I wanted to see it myself and enjoy every moment through my own eyes, not my camera lens.

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

love it. I'm so happy for you.