Tuesday, July 29, 2008

BINGO Service

For our enrichment activity, we went to a local nursing home to help them play BINGO. We had a lot of fun sitting with these elderly individuals. I personally was able to help Mr. Freddy and I think I fell in love with him instantly. Seriously, I think I want to go back just to visit with him again. He didn't say a word, at first, and let me point out every time he needed to mark a number (as the Nursing Home employee had instructed me to do). But, I had to go grab something for Annagrace when I noticed, he was doing it just fine on his own. I felt a little bad for treating him like a four year old, a child who didn't know his numbers yet. He knew what he was doing. And the more I told him so, the more he would smile and respond to my questions. I found out he is not allowed to have any candy so I offered him one of Annagrace's pretzels. He gave a quick nod, grabbed it, and started crunching away. When the game was over I pushed him back to his room.

Annagrace got in on the service project and helped push some of the BINGO players back to their rooms.

No comments: