Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yard Sale


I've gotten a little addicted to yard sales. I've always been a sucker for a bargain but I also love the thrill of the hunt. Last Saturday Tyler stayed in bed with Annagrace while I slipped out at 7am with my mapquested list and diet coke in hand. Most of them were duds but I did score at a couple. One yard sale was all baby girl stuff - YES!! I got this Fisher Price Grand Piano ($40 at Toys R Us), a little pink rocking horse that plays music when you press the ear, and 3 pieces of clothing for $20!!! My main objective for the day was to find a chair for Annagrace and I found a cute set - 2 u-shaped chairs and matching ottoman for $8. (The cheapest new chair I had found was at Walmart for $20 and it was Disney Princess Theme. I'm not a fan of "themed" items.) The set has a Sesame Street fabric on them, but I'm thinking new slipcovers would be an excellent project for Nana when she comes =). But for now, the colors match the play mat on the floor, so it'll do.
I went yard saleing a couple of weeks ago and found a really good one in the back of an expensive neighborhood. The lady had decided to change her decorating style from traditional to contemporary/eclectic. Which worked out perfect for me, I snagged some of her traditional items to fit right in at my traditional house! I can't wait for next Saturday, I don't know that we need anything, but you don't know you need something until you see it!

No comments: