Friday, May 16, 2008

A WHOLE YEAR

I can't believe I survived an entire year without seeing Laurie. The last time we were together was at her wedding (May '07) and everything was so crazy that we didn't get a lot of girl time in. Laurie is truly my soul sister. I know, it sounds cheesy, but I don't know how else to explain it. While we are completely different women in every way, we are so much alike and I can't imagine the last 23 years of my life without her.
Well, she finally got a week off from work and came up for a visit. It was as if we were never apart, we couldn't even believe that it had been a year - the only evidence is my not so tiny baby. Annagrace was only 6 weeks old at Laurie's wedding. Now, she's a walkin', talkin', crazy mess of a little girl. And despite my excitement, this is the only picture I got of her entire visit!! ME, of all people, only took ONE picture of her! It almost breaks my heart. But, Laurie has promised to come back in a month or two before they (sob, sob) move to Texas. I will have my camera surgically implanted into my hand when she comes. Checking on the flowers in our backyard with Grandmother.
It's on of the main reasons that I wanted a daughter - hair. I wanted all of the ribbons and bows, clips and barrettes. And I am loving experimenting with all of her little curls.

2 comments:

The Welch's said...

i totally have that same dress for reese only it's tan... crazy!!

The Powells said...

I can't believe how CUTE she is!