Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No pictures

Well, I'm in full house overhaul mode - the in-laws will be here in two weeks. They aren't picky or judgemental but there is just something about people coming to my house that gets my cleaning mojo in full swing. I don't just clean ... I have to clean out, repaint, redecorate. So, with all of this going on I haven't pulled my camera out lately. But, we had a nice weekend. Aunt Carol came down for a visit and showed off her new car. We didn't have or go to any Memorial Day celebrations instead Tyler played with Annagrace all day while I repainted the kitchen. I wanted a change, the house was getting too baige for me. So it is a nice lovely deep shade of Apple Green. It's really pretty but doesn't match anything else in my kitchen. And it made my early 90's mauve counter tops look even more pink than before. So, today's project .... paint the counter tops!!! I've never done it before so here's hoping that it works right. My friend Erin already had the supplies and gave them to me. (She changed her mind after the purchase and did granite tiles.) It's all oil based and super smelly but anything is an improvement from Mauve!!

1 comment:

The Welch's said...

I'm jealous you have a house to paint.. consider yourself lucky you aren't surrounded by cream cinder blocks... it seriously limits my creativity!!! I totally understand the whole cleaning deal.. when company is coming over is about the only time I make our bed!