Thursday, May 22, 2008

Books Galore

Several months ago I cleared out a bottom shelf of our bookcases in the living room and brought in all of Annagrace's board books, sturdy ones that she could pull off and play with. Well we recently added our entire collection of Little Critter books b/c they are now her favorite. It's not the funny plot, the character relationships, or even the cute moral of the story that intrigue her it's weather or not there is a grasshopper or mouse on every page. She will diligently search each page then point her perfectly straight tiny finger right to that pesky, sneaky little grasshopper. And she knows exactly which books have a grasshopper in them (not all Little Critter books do) and which ones don't. She will pull every book off of the shelf, throwing them over her shoulder until she finds just the right one. Once she has the prized book in hand she crawls, scoots, or scampers her way over to me and shoves it right in my face with an "uh, uh, uh." She could do it all day long!! I think I might go buy a Where's Waldo book and see how talented she really is.

1 comment:

said...

Oh, try the I Spy books!

PS - I bought about 50 little critter books at our local Savers (similar to Goodwill) for 10 cents each, I think. I wiped them down with Clorox Anywhere spray when we got them home. So try there! I also scored 2 dozen Magic Treehouse books for 50 cents each for Trev. Total score.

I thought all LC books had either a grasshopper or a mouse?