Saturday, February 9, 2008

She's CRAWLING!!!!

Yesterday morning she was sitting on the floor playing with her box of toys . . . she noticed Lucy laying three feet away and decided she needed to go touch her toe nails (she is fascinated with them???) . . . so she, like she has been doing it all of her life, moved from a sitting position onto all fours and perfectly crawled her way over to Lucy. I was smiling from ear to ear with tears in my eyes. I was afraid to say anything, in fear that interrupting her would suddenly make her forget how to crawl. Once she got within touching distance of Lucy she pushed her way back into sitting up. I then returned to my senses and ran for the video camera. It is just too cute!!
I am so torn as a Mommy though. I am so excited for all of these milestones but at the same time it means I'm losing my baby. She is growing up so fast and I'm afraid I'm going to forget all of these special little moments. (My memory is disappearing faster than she is growing.)
I've also realized that with this new found mobility I am going to need more energy and toughness. First of all energy, to keep up with her and everything she is getting into now. And second, toughness to be the disciplinarian when she is getting into something she shouldn't be. How can you be mean and forceful with a baby? Especially one that when you say "No, No!" She looks up at you with the biggest, most adorable smile and turns her head from side to side to say No, No with you??? I end up laughing and she goes back to doing what she isn't supposed to and we start the whole "No, No" scene all over again.

1 comment:

Erin Bigler said...

Awwww, YAY! Can't wait to see that cutie-patootie in action. I know what you mean about the new milestones. I love watching them get older, but you just want 'em to say so tiny and snuggly. It goes by way too fast. WAH.