Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

I just heard about the passing of our beloved Prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckley. The news brought me to tears, which made me feel a little silly at first, but there was just something about that cute little old man that always made me smile. I have always felt a connection to him though I have never been closer than 100 ft to him, but I guess that's all it takes. The moment he stepped foot into the Marriott Center (during a devotional when I attended BYU) there was a rush of the spirit through my entire body . . . so STRONG . . . so REAL . . . that I KNEW beyond a shadow of a doubt that this man was a man of God. This same rush was experienced again on BOTH occasions that I was blessed to attend General Conference. He had a cute, gentle way of leading and guiding. I will never forget the instructions he delivered to us college students: "Don't be a scrub." Within a day at least half of the dorm rooms on campus had the quote plastered on their doors and walls. He was a great man and I loved him dearly. But I am so happy for him and his adorable wife Marjorie - that they can now be together again.

No comments: