Monday, December 24, 2007

My special present

On the way home from my parent's I asked Tyler if we could open Laurie and Betty's gifts tonight (Tyler is a stickler for opening everything on Christmas day!) He said yes, but when we got home I got a little side-track with putting all of the left over goodies away. Suddenly Tyler came running into the kitchen yelling "They got it, Candi, they got it for you!" When I looked at the gift in his hand the ribbon said Swarovski and I started crying immediately. You see, I collect the Swarovski crystal ornaments. They have one every year, and every year it is a unique snowflake (my tree theme). But, this year we couldn't afford the $70 gift for me and I had decided I would have to settle for either a scattered collection that could be filled in with the help of EBAY one day when we are rich (LOL) or I could give up the collection and just enjoy the four that I already have.
I absolutely love it. Not only does it symbolize another wonderful year and Christmas that Tyler and I have shared, but it also shows the love and thoughtfulness of my best friend/soul sister, Laurie, and my second Mom, Betty. I love and miss you two so much!
This gift was my little Christmas miracle.
On a side note - I love my husband with all of my heart. The fact that he was just as excited for me to get my ornament, as I was, just shows how much he loves me. I know - it's just a stupid ornament, but it was something that I wanted and he wasn't able to get it for me this year, which broke his heart. He even endured the ridicule of Thomas who teased him endlessly for being excited over an ornament. But, I don't care, I love him and all of his girlie excitement.

No comments: