Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day 3: Home

The days were sweet and full of baby cuddles.
 The nights were horrible and painful. 
The first night, Tyler stayed with me and I contracted all night long and cried in pain. The second night, Katelynn started crying hysterically and I couldn't calm her down. I knew she was hungry but she wouldn't calm down enough to latch on and eat. I had to give in and use a pump and then we used a syringe to feed her. I found out that night, she had been latching on but wasn't getting anything. She was starving!! She had lost a whole pound. So, pumping became priority #1.
Tyler tried to stay with me again that night but was just too tired from not getting any sleep the night before. We called Grandmother at midnight and she came right in and helped me all night with Katelynn. 
So, when the doctor gave me the option of going home on day three instead of day four, we decided to go! Annagrace and Emmalee were already at Grandmother's for the night, so it made the transition to home a little easier with just Katelynn. 
 So, I got her all dressed in her "Little Sister" outfit
 and loaded up in the van.
Our third night went much better, at home, in our own bed!

No comments: