Tuesday, August 30, 2011

1st Day of Pre-K

 Annagrace was so excited to finally go to school. We had been counting down the days and shopped for school clothes. The night before we did a fashion show with all of her new things and picked out just the right outfit for the first day of school. And Tyler gave her a Father's blessing . . . she was ready to go. No matter how much I wanted to keep her my little baby, I had to let go.  
 She had to wear the "Rock and Roll" shorts that Nana and Papa Sent her. She even decided on her hair do. So stinkin' cute!
 She led the way.
 All the way down to her classroom.
 Grandmother came with us for the first drop off.
 During registration they gave me a form asking four general questions, one of them being, "What do you want your child to learn this year?" I answered. "To learn how to be a follower and not always have to be a leader." (along with a few curriculum based items) Well the very first day of school, she was the class LEADER! I guess she'll have to learn to follow the next day.
 She did get lonely sitting in that red chair all alone of the first day. She didn't know what being a leader involved. She just knew that she was sitting alone and everyone else was on the floor playing with beads and talking to each other. As soon as I got her a bucket of beads she was okay and told us from across the room that we could go now, class was starting.
When I picked her up after school, she was all smiles and excited about the fun day she had. She said she got a little sad and cried during nap time because she missed me, but the rest of the day she was happy and busy.

No comments: