Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lame-O

So, after reading everyone else's blog I feel like a total loser, lame-o Mom.  On Valentine's Day Annagrace and Emmalee got a card (that Tyler picked up) and Annagrace got some chocolates.  THAT IS IT!! Between Lucy, the big baby shower, an RSI at church . . . Valentine's Day just got kinda lost in the middle.  It was Emma's first as well, so I feel a little bad we didn't do more. But, honestly I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day (shocking, I know).  It just seems like a hyped up day of nothing. I love my family EVERY day and tell them EVERY day! So, one day that focuses on it - not so important.  Also . . .shhh . . . I don't like flowers (GASP)! But, hear me out - I love flowers, their beauty, their smell but I don't love their price.  And when it comes to getting me a gift I would MUCH rather have something I can keep than flowers that are going to die in a couple of days! One Valentine's day many years ago I hinted around about sending me flowers at work. Tyler got the hint and did so. They were beautiful and I got to carry them proudly down the cubical isle and they made me happy. Until I got home and Tyler told me that my little mixed bouquet was $50!!! I could have gotten some rockin' new shoes, clothes, or jewelery for that! I swore from that day on that I NEVER wanted him to send me flowers again for ANY holiday. They just seem like a waste to me. The only acceptable form is a planted flower that can be transplanted into our yard - cheaper and it lasts longer.
As for Annagrace missing out on fun Valentine's stuff - oh, we still did all of that, we've been doing it since Christmas.  She's all about holidays lately.  She knows their sequence and as soon as one ends, it's time for the next.  We've had hearts and pink and red around our house for a couple of months. She made Valentine's for all of her sweet friends and cousins, her Mama just never got around to sending them out. (Sorry Yall) 
So, on to St. Patrick's Day! Annagrace woke up February 15th and asked me why I wasn't wearing green!!
UGHHHH - here we go!

No comments: