Friday, November 26, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

This year we did Thanksgiving at my Mom and Dad's house. Just us, my parents, and my niece Rebecca. It was so nice and quiet and relaxed. Mom did the main dishes - turkey, dressing, sweet potatoes, and coconut cake. And I did the sides - mashed potatoes, vegetable mix, mac n' cheese, corn casserole,  and pumpkin gooey cake. We had tons of left overs, which were yummy for the next two days!!!

Emmalee got a Thanksgiving roll. But, not for too long. She was getting big pieces in her mouth and I didn't want her to choke.
After lunch we went outside to take a couple of photos.




Emmalee got to try out the rocking chair for the first time. My Mom has had it for over 40 years.
Then we made a gingerhouse village.

At 10:00 that night, we loaded up and headed to Walmart to start our Black Friday shopping. Granddaddy kept the girls while Tyler, me, my Mom, and Becca braved the crowds to complete our shopping lists.
We didn't get home until 7 AM. It was so much FUN!!! I plan for weeks in advance what stores, what toys, what gifts, so by the end of the weekend my entire Christmas list was complete! No more shopping for me. (Well for Christmas anyway!)

No comments: