Friday, May 14, 2010

Surgery #3

We went back to the medical center for surgery #3 within the last two weeks. They did a Delayed Primary Closer of my C-section wound. I just couldn't imagine continuing for weeks and weeks of wet-to-dry dressing changes, just waiting for the wound to heal on it's own from the inside-out. So, one of my other options was surgery to close it up.
The original plan was for me to stay in the hospital for 3-5 days after surgery to have IV Antibiotics to ensure no infection was growing in the wound. But, the surgery and hospital stay were contingent on me being able to bring Emmalee with me (she's nursing). But, when the hospital said no, my heart sank. I thought my chance to close this thing up was over! But, the doctor said that he could do it outpatient and send me home with Antibiotic pills to take. I was SO EXCITED! I wouldn't have to be without Emmalee OR Annagrace, I didn't have to worry about who would be keeping Annagrace, who would be at the hospital to help me, or being discharged before my Mom had to leave for vacation. It was the perfect solution and a wonderful blessing.
The only down side is for Tyler and my Mom - they have to do EVERYTHING around here, taking care of all three of us and the house. I feel so useless and get really frustrated that I can't help. It really embarrasses me to have to have someone else clean my bathroom!
I really appreciate them and everything that they do!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Okay, things come in threes so you must be done now. Glad to hear all is going well, now.