Sunday, May 9, 2010

Do you know how wonderful

My Mom is????
To give you a little idea of what she has been doing for me on a daily basis, this is what she did just yesterday:
1. Had Annagrace sleep over at her house to give us a break and have one-on-one time with Emmalee.
2. Entertained Annagrace by working in her yard.3. Gave Annagrace a bath (no easy thing with a cast!) and came to our house.
4. She assisted the Home Health Nurse in doing my daily dressing change. (She did it all by herself the day before).
5. Fed Emmalee while I pumped
6. Put Annagrace down for a nap
7. Did my laundry
8. Changed the sheets on my bed
9. Cleaned out an entire flower bed and transplanted the vegetables that we had started in pots.
10. Went to Walmart with Annagrace and picked up a few groceries for us.

She has been here everyday, helping me do everything! This past week has not been easy for our family. But, she is always there to help in anyway possible. She spent two night in a row in a hospital - one with me, the next with Annagrace. She changes diapers, sweeps and mops my floors, trapped a lizard that got in the house, and . . . showers me and my girls with more love than you could imagine.
I love you Mom and hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!
(But, you'll probably be here at my house all day doing everything that I can't)

2 comments:

Corley said...

i love it. Moms are the best thing ever. I am so grateful for wonderful women that understand what it means to love and serve. What a great mom you have!!! :) love-Corley

The Powells said...

You are so lucky to have such a loving, selfless Mom! I'm so glad that she's been such a big help. I hope that things are getting better for you guys. LOVE the new header picture. Emmalee is SUCH a doll.