Monday, April 12, 2010

Uh - Oh

During Annagrace's bath last night, she found my razor on the side of the tub. (I accidentally forgot to put it back up.) Tyler happened to be looking away at the moment, tightening the toilet from the recent remodel. When he turned around all he saw was blood on her belly. He didn't know where or how she was cut. He finally realized it was her lip. She had taken my razor and tried to "shave" like her Daddy. Tyler yanked her out of the tub and came running into the living room holding her with a bloody cloth to her mouth. Of course it freaked me out - my child + lots of blood = Mommy crying. And, it wouldn't stop bleeding! Tyler held her while I kept pressure on it. When the blood finally started to lighten up, we realized all she cut was her lip and not her actual face. We changed from the wash cloth to a gauze and due to a lack of tape, this is the bandage we ended up with:She was a trooper through the whole thing. Tyler said she didn't start crying until he freaked out and pulled her out of the tub. This morning it was a little scabbed. And by this afternoon you can barely see it. She looks like her lip is a little chapped.

No comments: