Thursday, April 22, 2010

Earth Day

If you know me, then you know I'm about as non-GREEN as you can get. But, this year we actually did something earthy on Earth Day!
A couple of weeks ago I bought seeds to do a veggie garden with Annagrace. And Earth Day seemed like the perfect day to actually get them in some dirt! I'm not a gardener (I kill everything I touch) so we called Grandmother to come help with this project.
Annagrace came home from Nursery a few weeks ago with a cup of dirt. Attached was a note explaining how to care for tomato seeds. I put it in the kitchen window and watered it whenever I did the dishes and the thing actually GREW!! It got too big for the cup, so our first project was to transplant it into a bigger pot.
Then we planted all of the vegetable seeds into random pots to give them a chance to sprout before we try putting them in the ground.
But, the sunflower seeds went right into the flower bed.
She has so much fun digging and burying seeds with Grandmother. Annagrace is partially an outdoor girl and I'm thankful my Mom is around to do that part!
Fingers are crossed that something actually GROWS!

No comments: