Friday, April 16, 2010

3, three, THREE

Dear Annagrace,
I can't believe that you are already three years old. We prayed and waited so long for you and you were totally worth the wait. You are everything I had hoped for and more. You help me be the Mommy that I always wanted to be and you are the daughter that I always wanted to have.

You have the most infectious smile and are the most outgoing three year old I have EVER seen. You can carry on conversations with adults as if you are already an adult yourself. You see the world through happy, friendly eyes, a view that I hope you keep forever. You are so sensitive, compassionate and empathetic. You love other children and will play with anyone who is willing. I wish that I was more persistent in finding more kids for you to play with but I am going to try harder! Your size and maturity makes it a little tough. Kids your age are smaller and don't have the verbal and imaginative abilities that you do.

You have such a vivid imagination ranging from imaginary animals, friends, and even a baby (named LOC) in your belly (just like Mommy). You enjoy reading more than ever! You also love TV and movies and would watch them all day, if I would let you.

You are so smart and amaze me every single day with how much you know and understand and how quickly you learn new things.
You: know the Alphabet song
can name each letter by sight
are starting to associate the letters with words
can count to about 15 before it gets a little if-y
can name the numbers 1-25 by sight
can name the 1st and present President of the USA
can name the 1st (Latter-Day) and present Prophet

You love to sing and know several church songs including:
I Am a Child of God
Teach Me to Walk in the Light
Armies of Helaman
Popcorn Tree
Follow the Prophet
Families are Forever (you call it Happy Family)
You also now LOTS of non-church songs, your favorite being Say Hey (I Love You).

At this stage, I can't tell if you have a favorite parent. You run to, ask for, and light up for Mommy and Daddy equally.

Time outs have become a daily occurrence, but that was to be expected for your age. You are testing your limits and boundaries and testing Lucy's at the same time (poor old dog!). Passies are still a crucial part of your life and with this birthday we are trying for the third time to go cold turkey.

You are completely potty trained and have been for a while now. We've even given up the training potty at this point.

You are such a beautiful little girl with bright blue eyes and long dark blond, curly hair. You are tall for your age, looking (and acting) more like a four year old than a two or three year old. You are really into dresses and always choose them over shorts when given the option. You are a good sport and let me fix and play with your hair every morning. And, while you love your ear rings, you hate to change them out.

Oh, how I have enjoyed the last three years. They have been the best of my life! I look forward to seeing the girl, teen, and woman that you will become. I love you so much and can not imagine my life without you.

Love - Mommy

No comments: