Thursday, November 19, 2009

Goodbye

I hate goodbyes in the worst way possible. Living next to an army base means that I get to meet many, many wonderful women who become lifelong friends. Unfortunately no one ever stays here more than three or so years. Today I had to say goodbye to Tabitha. My incredibly sweet, exuberant, talented, outgoing, encouraging, crazy fun friend. I'm really at a loss and tear up every time I think about it. I can't imagine going to church Sunday and not stealing her baby and chatting it up between classes. I can't imagine no more hair appointments where we can talk for hours and never run out of stuff to talk about.
When Tabitha came I was in a huge non-friend slump and she was the answer to my prayers. Not only was she the friend I had been waiting for, she made me come out of my shell and meet more friends.
Oh, I love you Tabitha and will miss you horribly (and your family!) I hope that your family enjoys and thrives in Utah.

No comments: