Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Savannah Day #1

Early Sunday morning we headed to Savannah with the Haralsons. I have lived in GA almost my entire life and have never been to Savannah! We had planned on having lunch at Lady and Sons (Paula Dean's Place). We checked ahead online and it said that they didn't take reservations for parties under 10. We arrived at noon (they were open 11:00-5:00) and the sign said they were booked for lunch. They weren't seating ANYONE else for the rest of the day. When I asked about the next day they said to be there at 8:30 in the morning to TRY to get my name on the list. I was so appalled, I vowed to never eat or use another Paula Dean thing!
So, we enjoyed walking the streets and window shopping. We did have to step into the Gap Kids for a minute. (We had to drag Tyler and John in kicking and screaming: "we came all the way to Savannah to go the the Gap?")We settled for Five Guys for lunch. And it was delicious, as usual!

River Street



We walked the length of River Street and then hopped onto a Ferry to take us back to the beginning. Annagrace had been begging all day to go on a boat, so I think this was her favorite part!
Then we tried to find all of the cool historic stuff I had heard so much about.



We really only found one house and I felt like we were just wandering around in circles all day. I think if we ever go back again we will fork out the money for a tour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm homesick for my hometown. :) When I head back there, I want to do a ghost tour.

Looks like you had fun!