Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm hungry

for some crafting and decorating!!!
1. I want to make one of these for Annagrace's room:
2. I need to use the paint I've already purchased to finish Annagrace's walls. The pink is a little too strong so I'm going to try to break it up with some brown, green, and purple. But, I can't decide if I should paint a few stripes, big flowers, little flower clusters, flowers growing from the baseboard to chair rail height . . . any suggestions?
3. I'm strongly leaning towards painting my cabinets this color. (What do you think?) I'm just worried about my black appliances with this color.
4. I'm also thinking about a black and cream bathroom??? Or at least paint the vanity black. My walls are pretty close to this color. But, I just bought a new shower curtain that wouldn't go with this color scheme. I do, however, have a Mother who has a guest bath in need of a makeover - I could pass that shower curtain right on over there!

5. And lots of sewing projects: new quilt/cover for Annagrace's bed, jazz up Annagrace's curtains, pillow covers for living room, and our new guest bedroom.

6. I also want to clean out the shed and get ready for a Yard Sale.

I think I'm going to have a busy week off!

4 comments:

Jennifer Ricker said...

how do you paint your cabinets? We tried to paint the door to our garage and it never looked even. do you just have to have the right kind of paintbrushes?

Candi said...

I'm following some directions I've found on some different blogs. They said to first clean them with TSP then you can use a Sherwin Williams Sand-Free Primer. Then paint! I hope it works. I've painted cabinets before in previous houses but they had already been painted before, so I just freshend them up. Usually you have to sand anything first, just to rough it up. But, I'm usually pretty lazy with that step. So, I'm looking forward to trying out the Sand-Free Primer.

The Powells said...

I LOVE the cabinet color and I think it'll look really classy with black appliance. As for the bathroon .... I like the black cabinets... but not that color on the walls. Perhaps something a little lighter? Good luck with everything though! Sounds like the creativity bug hit you.

Jennifer Ricker said...

umm...at first when you said 'sand free', i thought you meant there wasn't sand in the paint. i was wondering why there would be sand in the paint!! maybe i should stick to scrapbooking!?