Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bird Feedin' Fun

We went to a play date at the Botanical Gardens and made this lovely bird feeder. Well ... actually I made the bird feeder (surprise, surprise). I tried to hand the peanut butter to Annagrace and asked her if she wanted to put it on the pine cone. She quickly drew back against the wall and with a disgusted look on her face said "NO!"
I had planned ahead - packed a full coverage bib, an extra outfit, and an apron for me to avoid the inevitable mess from this craft. And my little "mini-me" wouldn't even touch the stuff! I LOVE IT!! Of course I want her to have fun and dig into a new project, and she does at times. But, I love the moments when my genes creep in and messy things disgust her.After I finished the pine cone we took a walk around the gardens to check out the new sculptures.
We both had a great time.

No comments: