Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall Festival


The Fall Festival went great! The games were fun and the kids seemed to enjoy everything. We on the other hand - had a little accident. I thought Tyler had Annagrace, he thought she had walked over to me .... NOPE, she went to the stage, climbed up the stairs, and fell off of the stage. She was brought to Tyler by another mother and told "she fell off of the stage and got trapped under a table." WHAT?!?!? I lost it - I balled like she was on her death bed. Her ear was purple and she had a big knot on her head above her ear. I cried because she was hurt, I cried because she was crying, but mainly I cried because I wasn't there - I didn't even see what happened. She didn't talk for a while and it really started to worry me, but within 30 mins she started acting like herself again. I was reassured by several people at church that she would be just fine, but it didn't make me feel any better. Tyler had, jokingly, said earlier "Candi we are becoming one of THOSE parents." (The ones that let their kids run wild at Church, doing and touching whatever they want to = nightmare at a potluck!) So, I've learned my lesson -she will never be out of my sight again. I don't know how I will accomplish this, being on the activities committee and ward photographer. But, I'll strap her to my back if need be!

I wasn't very happy with the results of the photos from the party - awful lighting! But, this is my favorite. Annagrace spotted Savannah in the middle of the courtyard and ran straight over to give her a hug.

3 comments:

Erin Bigler said...

Your hair looks so great in these pictures. It is getting so long! I love how it looks straight. Did that take forever to do though? Anyway, looks like you had a blast.

The Powells said...

that is a SUPER cute picture of Annagrace. I love her cute little smile. I can't believe how big she's getting and HOW much cuter she gets everytime I see a new picture of her! (she's always been SUPER cute, she's just getting cuter, if that's possible!) Don't worry about her falling off the stage... I mean do worry, but don't feel bad. All parents go through that, even the most on top of things parents. :)

NikkiAWardell said...

Oh, the guilt that inevitably comes with being a parent. Guilt at not being there to stop them from getting hurt!! My boys are worse than my daughter. My oldest boy has had stitches and staples and our middle has made a trip or two to the emergency room for falls, cuts and scrapes as well. It is hard to keep them safe all the time but just as hard not to feel completely guilty when they get hurt!! I'm glad she's okay and hope y'all still had a great time!