Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Grits, Flowers, and Swings ... These are a few of Annagrace's favorite things!

I am painfully aware that it has been an entire week since I last blogged! I have a fabulous post in my head, just dying to get out. But, this particular blog includes a video that my techie husband has not uploaded/edited for me yet. (I know I should just do it myself, but Tyler said I need some cord, that we don't have, to upload it to my laptop. And heaven knows I'm not allowed to touch his precious computer!!) So, in the meantime I have let everything else build up ... until now ... so here goes:

A few of Annagrace's favorite things - Grits, Flowers, and Swings

I found this recipe in a magazine during Tyler's surgery and it is delicious! Grits with corn and vidalia onion - can you get any more southern? Even my grit-hating husband said "these aren't too bad." (that's a compliment in his book) I think they work better as a side dish for dinner than the normal breakfast dish.
One of Annagrace's jobs/activities at my Mom's house is watering the flowers. And, she is a very hard worker! She lugs that big water can around the whole yard and tries to water anything that isn't moving.
And round 2 of our Ward Playdates - only two of us showed up! We had fun anyway. Tabitha and I NEVER run out of stuff to talk about! And the kids had fun on the playground.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

When is the playdate? I have been gone--and haven't heard about them--let me know :)

The Welch's said...

we finally got our internet working again i am so happy to be back to the blogging world.

Jennifer Ricker said...

what playground are you at? cooper creek?

The Powells said...

Hey - just checkin in - did that storm Fay affect you guys at all? I had some friends that live two hours south of Columbus whose houses were flooded CHEST DEEP in water - hoping you guys are fine!