Friday, June 20, 2008

Peaches, Peaches, Peaches

So, we didn't make it to a peach orchard and pick peaches. We cheated and just went to the local farmer's market (that's more like a grocery store than a real farmer's market) and bought a 25lb box of peaches. But ... they came from the same farm that I wanted to go pick from. We gave them a couple of days to soften up and got to canning. These Georgia Peaches were so good!! I think I ate one slice for every three I put in the jars. But, I really enjoyed the whole canning process. I think I am going to continue with more items. I think my next thing will be Welch's Georgia Peach Jam. (They will make good grandma presents!)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

oh my am I jealous! I bought some peaches the other day and they are pretty shameful. Good for you for canning them! What a wonderful skill to know and you'll be glad you did it once the fresh peaches are gone!