Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Naval, I mean Infantry, I mean Plains, GA

We headed out to visit the Naval Museum in South Columbus today but when we pulled up we saw the cost to enter and decided to just skip it and head to the Infantry Museum on Ft. Benning. We got to the gate and Tyler went in to get a pass and they told him that the Museum is closed for the next three months until the new one is complete. WHAT TO DO???? Ummm .... go to Plains, GA - the home of President Jimmy Carter. They have his childhood home/farm open for visitors and they converted the old High School into a museum. It was a lot of fun and Annagrace really enjoyed running around the farm and seeing the farm animals.


Well, I have to share what happened at lunch. Annagrace has been sick for the past two days - a vomit/diarrhea virus traveling around. She was feeling much better this morning so we thought we were safe to venture out. The farm was great and we headed to lunch at the cafe on the "business strip." I strapped her into the high chair and everything was going smoothly until ... I heard a squirt (you know ... the diarrhea squirt). THEN a second one! I didn't even want to look! I lifted her shirt and there was a whole puddle of poop sitting at the very tip top edge of her diaper. I didn't know what to do?? I didn't want to pick her up the wrong way and it go everywhere. But, before I could decide Annagrace wiggled around a little and it spilled over the top, down her pants, onto the highchair, and DRIPPING to the FLOOR!! Tyler pulled her out as I tried to contain it, but in the process her foot went through the poop and therefore left a footprint of poop on the table top where he stood her waiting for me to take her to the bathroom. I was so freaked out about the poop being on the table, I leaned against Annagrace trying to wipe it off - landing me with a huge poop circle right on my shirt. All I could do was laugh. Luckily we were one of only two "parties" in the little cafe and the other family had two small children. We finally got her into the bathroom, cleaned up, and changed. I unfortunately did not have another shirt, I tried to rinse the spot out as best as I could, but I spent the rest of the day in a poop shirt. We headed to the museum/high school after lunch and sat down to watch a video when I heard the squirt again. Tyler yanked her out of her stroller and I pulled her clothes off so fast, she didn't even know what had happened to her. I didn't have another change of clothes for her, so I didn't want these messed up. We let her wander around the empty auditorium which helped with the poop situation - the diaper had time to soak up the gush instead of it getting pushed up her back. Luckily, we made it home without any other incident! We are heading to Atlanta tomorrow for the GA Aquarium, I will be packing 4 outfits for Annagrace and an extra shirt for myself!

1 comment:

Tara said...

This same thing happened to Reese but we where at Chili's on a Friday night needless to say people noticed. yuck!