Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fun, Hot, Rain, and Sweat

We attended the Stihl Timberland Sport competition today. It was a lot of fun but VERY, and I mean VERY hot. The covered seats in the stadium were restricted to certain pass holders. So we were in the direct sun for an hour or two. When we go up to go see another event, I looked like I had peed my pants, my shorts were soaked with sweat right around my butt! I was so embarrassed, Carol walked right behind me so people wouldn't see it so much, but I know they did. And, it helped knowing that everyone had a wet butt, but I had on dark kacki shorts so it showed up more! From the stadium we went to the Monkey Joe area. They brought all of their inflatable slides and bounce houses out to one of the fields. But, hot plastic and wet shorts do not make for a fun slide. I just stuck to it, so instead of sliding down, we bounced down the slide. I found a big fan there and it helped to dry out my shorts. Then we were headed to the dog dock jump when it started raining - so we jumped into the Best Buy tent and had a camera lesson while we waited out the rain. It only lasted about 5 minutes. But rain in GA is not a good thing - it doesn't lower the temperature, it raises the humidity! We almost headed home but decided to check out the dog relay first. I'm glad we did because Annagrace really enjoyed watching all of the dogs run around poles and through the tunnels.
We were so hot we headed to Regina's and jumped in the pool!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Cute goggles!!! Thanks for the design ideas by the way. We'll see how it goes! Happy 4th!!!

Jackie said...

Annagrace is so darling in the swimwear! Love it!