Wednesday, April 2, 2008

???WEEDS???

So, I am a girly girl through and through. I HATE the outdoors, hated girls camp (every minute), hated PE, hated the dirt, the bugs, the heat ... and most definitely hated yard work! My mom spent HOURS everyday in the flower beds that surround my yard, when she lived here. They are now consumed with WEEDS. And frankly, I didn't care. When people come over, I closed the curtains over our sliding glass door, and no one was the wiser. I never went out there so why does it need to look pretty?? Well ... I don't know what came over me this week. I looked into my back yard on Sunday and felt almost personally insulted that these stupid weeds have INVADED my back yard! How dare they?? So, Mom came over on Monday and together we began our war against the weeds. We got about 2/3 of the flower beds done - filling 5 LARGE trash bags!!! But, now I'm addicted, I've been out there every afternoon. Even now with tired, sore, swollen fingers, and sore, barely bendable legs I'm thinking about how I will be back out there again tomorrow as soon as the Grandmother gets here to watch the babe. Maybe it's a motherly thing, I want the yard to be pretty for Annagrace to play in, I don't know??? I'm just going with it. (I will post the before/after pics when I finish!)

2 comments:

The Welch's said...

I will have to agree with you completely on this one.. I am also a hater of yard work. I cringe when there is dirt under my finger nails... gross gross gross... or when you have dirt/mud that dries onto your hands.. equally gross. Luckily Todd claims to like it and wants to have a garden if so he is on his own.. not for me.. I'll take care of the inside.. he can be all over the exterior... thankfully we don't have a yard to take care of..

The Powells said...

That is sooo funny! You and I are both out in our yards weeding like mad! It's an itch I just had to scratch huh? Not just that but I know exactly how sore you are because after the first day I couldn't sit down on my hamstrings they hurt so bad. Literally every muscle in my body was so sore it hurt to move! It's still a little tender and it's been three days!