Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Birthday

A couple of weeks ago, I completely forgot my birthday. I was side tract with planning Annagrace's first birthday party. When I remembered that it was coming, I just shrugged and said "oh well, no big deal." I thought I had come to the point that I didn't care about my birthday anymore, but when the today actually rolled around ... I woke up wanting a fuss. Is that selfish? Should we ever out grow loving our birthdays?? I totally embrace my age - 28 (but then again I am still in my twenties, I may change my mind in another 20 years) and am not ashamed to celebrate it. We are celebrating by going to the beach for the weekend, but I still want a fuss TODAY, the actual day!
But my birthday isn't just my BIRTHday, it's also my driver's licence renewal date and our car tag renewal date. So, I spent my morning renewing everything. (On the upside my driver's licence picture is stellar!) Luckily, the bad stuff was sandwiched between two fun things:
1. I took Annagrace to a local jewelry story so she (ended up being we) could be in their newest commercial for a Mother's Day special. (I will elaborate in a separate post)
2. Tabitha called and invited us to Monkey Joes. We've never been before b/c Annagrace was too little. But, we decided to try it out today. And we had a blast
Afterwards we headed home and I guess my sister understands the fact that everyone needs a little "fuss" made over them and sent me these -

Thank you Carol!! Tulips are my fav! I also received several birthday cards with some goodies inside, so I'm headed to treat myself to a pedicure!!

3 comments:

The Powells said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I would have called or emailed or SOMETHING had I known...better late than never right? By the way, the new header pict of AnnaGrace is to die for cute! I love, love, love it. I can't believe how big she is getting! NExt time I see her she'll have three other siblings...;) just kiddin'. I miss you tons. I could definately use your decor help about now. I think I lost my flair. Oh well, no one comes to my house anyways! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The Welch's said...

I'm a horrible sis in law.. I had no idea it was your birthday. One of these days I'm going to get organized... and send cards out for everyones birthday... I have forgotten everyones birthday this year... I think I'm developing premature Alzheimer's or something.. anyways.. I still hope it means something if I say happy birthday. You should feel special on your b-day... and everyone should know it's your day. Have a good one.

The Welch's said...

Also.. your Pic on the top of your blog of annagrace is dang cute... i hope you know i'm planning on you taking some cute pictures of our little family (whether you planning on it or not) when we come over this summer.. even though i will be sweating my brains out and my sweat will cause a glare in the picture... (really not looking forward to the heat...) but looking forward to seeing you guys