Monday, April 28, 2008

Ahhhhh ... the beach

We had a wonderful time with Grandma Betty at the beach this weekend. The weather was perfect, the food was delicious, and "Mom" was as sweet and generous as ever. We really miss her living here in Columbus, but we sure are enjoying having an excuse to run away to the beach so often! A rare apperance of Tyler on the beach.
It was not all fun and games for poor Tyler though. Apparently he caught what Annagrace had and was in bed most of the weekend with a fever and everything. He didn't feel well on Thursday, but being the wonderful, sweet husband and Daddy that he is, he didn't let it get in the way of Annagrace and I going to the beach for my birthday.
Annagrace LOVED the ocean, the sand, and the pool. Unfortunately, my hatred of sand was not cured on this trip. (Aunt Laurie - this is where you are supposed to step in and take over - the dirty stuff) I tried, I really tried. I got down in the sand with her, tried to make a sandcastle, and filled and emptied the bucket over and over. But, she kept getting it in her mouth, in my ear, down her swimsuit, down my swimsuit. I just got disgusted! But the worst part was her poopy diaper the next day - like a brick, it was LOADED with sand (I was tempted to take a picture LOL). I felt so sorry for her, it must of felt like sandpaper coming out! BUT, I would do it all again, in a heartbeat, just to see her smiley face when she found two sea shells all be her self. She fell in love with those two shells, one in each hand. She wouldn't put them down to go in the pool, to change clothes, or even take a nap. She slept, on her belly, on top of her hands, grasping her two precious shells. All I could do was smile - she is truly my daughter.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

She really pooped sand huh? Yikes! Poor girl indeed! Her swimsuit is cute!

Tyler and Lindsay said...

Annagrace looks too cute in her swimsuit! I can't wait to take Maggie to the beach. Happy Belated Birthday!!!