Saturday, March 29, 2008

Girl's Night: Baking

Well, first of all I need to say THANK YOU to Jackie for posting the Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie recipe. I knew I wanted to make them, eventually. But then I started thinking I could make them for Annagrace's birthday party ... being circle cookies at a polka dot themed party ... perfect ... well almost- if only they were pink! But wait, they make pink candy coating (vanilla flavored) So ... Angie came over for a girls night (both husbands are working tonight) of baking cookies. We doubled the recipe so we had over 200 little chocolate discs that we then had to cover in chocolate.

And we planned on covering them again in the pretty pink candy coating, but the chocolate is taking too long to dry so I decided to wait until tomorrow to finish them up. So, you will have to wait until then to see the finished product. Actually, I should make you wait until her birthday, but I probably won't be able to wait that long.

And this isn't all of them, there are two more pans on the other counter too.

THANK YOU ANGIE for all of your help and a fun girl's night!! You're more than welcome to come back and help with the pink layer - LOL!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Whew! What a big batch of cookies! Didja try putting them in the fridge to get the chocolate to harden faster? Still, mine have a tendency to get a little melty if left out but we freeze them anyways and prefer to snack on them that way.
Hope you liked them! They look great!

rowdystroudy said...

ahhh...my favorite! You will have to post the recipe!