Sunday, December 16, 2007

BUSY Christmas Weekend (Caution:Long Post!)

This has been our jam packed weekend. It began on Friday night with the Meadows' family Christmas Party. Tyler had to work and Daddy was tired so it was just Mom and I that attended. I had to actually get a babysitter, a REAL babysitter, not my mom. But, I wasn't brave enough to hire a young woman from church, Angie and Keith came over and entertained Annagrace for the THREE full hours I was able to tear myself away. The party was very nice and her house was beautiful. She had a Christmas tree in every room of the house, even the laundry room (it was decorated with dryer sheets - TOO CUTE!!)

Then Saturday morning we were off to Mom's for a cookie making day. Even Carol drove down for the event! We tried to be very Martha Stewart and make them PERFECT!

We didn't get much baking done because Mom and Carol had a hard time pulling themselves away from playing with Annagrace. Thus we have all of these fun pictures . . .


But Missy got a little jealous, she needed some attention too, even if she had to SIT on Mom to get it.


When Annagrace got hungry Grandmother fed her two full packs of baby food but Annagrace still cried like she was still starving. So, Mom handed her the pack, and she started licking it! She looked like Lucy (the dog) trying to lick every last crumb off of a plate.


Then we were off to see SANTA


This happy face only lasted two seconds, then we got this . . .


She did NOT like Santa, I don't know if it was the beard or what. Normally she will go to anyone!

Alright, on with the day . . . after Santa we headed to Church to decorate for the Ward party. Decorating was a lot of fun and went really quick! Even Annagrace had fun!


We had a delicious pot luck dinner with Ham and then we had a reading of the shortest version of the nativity I have ever heard. But my Primary kids, and one Missionary, sure were adorable as Mary, Joseph, Three Wise Men, and Angel (the Shepard was MIA).


And then, of course, Santa arrived. (Annagrace didn't like this one either.)

I guess I can say the party went well, especially since it was my first (and probably only) attempt at organizing a church party alone. There were a few hick-ups, but it all worked out. Today was a little more relaxed. First we went to Aunt Brenda's to hang a couple of doors and finish up Tyler's handyman jobs. Annagrace played with Triston.

Then we went to a party at Angie and Keith's. We had a nice dinner and played dirty Santa. Tyler and I were able to end up with exactly what we wanted - two $25 gift certificates for Olive Garden and TGIFridays!! It is crazy how small the world is, or at least Columbus, Georgia. I knew a couple of people at the party, one guy worked for me ages ago at Club Grind, a girl that went to school with me Pre-1st through 12th grade, and a couple of firemen that I have seen here or there at other parties a couple of years ago.

Annagrace tried ice cream for the first time and LOVED it!

We all enjoyed a smooch under the mistletoe.

No comments: