Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 6 - MTC

We droped Tim off at the MTC and as Thomas says the "crying room" got me. But, it really wasn't fair. I had to get up with Annagrace (because she only fusses at the worst times possible) and stand near the door. Well, I didn't pay attention to the fact that it was the "Missionary Exit" so when they concluded the meeting and told the Missionaries to tell their families goodbye, they all headed straight towards me. So, there I was, surrounded by sobbing Mothers, Grandmas, girlfriends, sisters, and even Dads . . . I was trapped against the wall and all I could do was sob along with them. By the time I actually got to hug Tim goodbye, I was full on ugly face crying. Todd, Tim, Thomas, Mom and Dad all looked at me like I was crazy, no one thinking I would take Tim's leaving so hard. It wasn't until we actually got outside that I was able to explain myself.
Tyler left us on Monday to go back home and work. I miss him like crazy, every time I go away without him, I swear I will never, ever do it again. He is truly my other half and I'm a little lost without him. His brothers are a nice substitute though, they really take care of me and are so sweet to me and Annagrace. (They love entertaining her) Todd is going to me a wonderful Father in a couple of months and Thomas will be too . . . someday! Tim was Annagrace's substitute Daddy for two days, he looks and acts so much like Tyler that I wonder if she could really tell the difference. But I think she is in Daddy withdrawl, she soaks up any male attention she can get.

No comments: