Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Quick Beach Trip

We took a quick, and I mean very quick, trip to the beach yesterday. Regina's family reunion was this week and she asked if I would come down for a photo session. I said of course . . . I mean - get paid to go to the beach - who wouldn't?
We left in the afternoon, drove straight to Destin, took pictures for two hours, then drove straight back home.
Big storm clouds threatened us the whole way down. At first, I thought if the rain would hold off, the lighting would be nice. But it was a little too overcast and it actually made it a little bit harder. AND the rain started as soon as we got there. Luckily it stayed at a mild drizzle, so we still got the shots that we wanted.
The family was a joy to work with. I went down there with ideas of different shots that I wanted to do, but they already knew exactly what they wanted. They made my job easy. Well as easy as it can be with a group of 30.
I have really jumped into this photography thing head first. I didn't start with just one child's portrait, I started with a family reunion of 37, followed up with a reunion of 30, with a wedding thrown in the middle somewhere.

Annagrace was very good at the beach, she happily hung from Tyler's chest in her little Snugli.

No comments: