Thursday, July 19, 2007

FEET, FEET, FEET!!

Miss Photogenic. Who else looks this cute when they first wake up? Annagrace discovered her feet today and is now infatuated with them. She hasn't gotten them in her mouth yet, but she sure is trying. It is amazing to watch the progression of her physical and mental capabilities. She is getting very tactile. The items that entertained her by sight alone now have to be felt and tasted. She rubs my shirt and my skin and she likes having a hand on my chest while falling asleep. She also LOVES her blankets.
Yes she is under there!
She has to have her face covered with a blanket to go to sleep, which petrified me at first. But if you just put a blanket on her legs she will reach down, grab it, and pull it up over her head. I am constantly moving the blanket off of her face and making sure that she has a little airway, but the next time I look at her, it is already back on her face.
Yesterday we spent the day in Atlanta shopping at IKEA and visited Aunt Carol. It was a long, tiring day for Annagrace. When she got home she wanted to see her Daddy so bad, but try as she might, she could not keep those eyes open.


I can't decide if this is cute or cruel. But either way it is hilarious. It's fishing for a baby! She reminds me of my childhood fishing game. The fish have their months open, you put the fishing rod in a mouth and when the mouth closes . . . YOU GOT IT!

I'm so thankful for this little cutie, I worry constantly that I'm doing everything I need to, to make her the smartest, healthiest, strongest baby ever. My latest worry is the flat bald patch on the back of her head . . . does that mean I'm not holding her enough, not doing enough tummy time, am I leaving her on her back too much and have now caused her to permanently have a flat spot on her head????? There are endless questions and worries. When I told Tyler about this latest problem, he pointed out that he has a flat area on the back of his head AND when I felt the back of my own head . . . Surprise, surprise . . . I have one too!

So, we will see what the next worry is tomorrow!?!?

No comments: