Monday, April 16, 2007

The BIG Day

I was scheduled to be induced today, April 16, 2007. We arrived at the hospital at 6am and by 6pm my contractions were strong enough and close enough, but I hadn't dilated past 4 cm so Dr. Stephens suggested a C-section and we were fine with that.


She was pulled out at 7:13pm. It was the most emotional moment of my life. There were no words, just tears of joy. It was very hard not to be able to see her and hold her right away. I could just hear her screaming and took that as a good sign, that she was doing great. When the nurses were finished with her, they handed her to Tyler and he brought her over to me. She was bundled up so tightly, I couldn't see her very well. All I could do was touch her cheek. Tyler went with Annagrace to the nursery and Cheryl Frandson (my friend and nurse) stayed in the OR with me and held my hand until Dr. Stephens was finished stapling me up.

I had to wait in the recovery room until the epidural wore off, then I was taken to my room, where I was able to hold my precious little one for the first time.

No comments: